Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Carry me" and "Hold me" DO NOT mean the same thing...

This morning I learned the difference between "carry me" and "hold me". I thought they were one and the same - just a different way to say it. But no momma - get it right! We were laying in bed - {daddy brought him in about 5:00 am when he went and checked on him}. Honey had just finished his sippy cup of strawberry milk and he turned to me and said "momma hold me". Well on most mornings he usually says "momma carry" and I lift him up on my chest and hold him like he is a baby until he falls back asleep - or my arm does, then I will lay him back on his pillow. So as usual, I reached over and tried to pick him up and he went hysterical! "NO Momma! You hold me!" Well needless to say, I was a little confused. I mean it was only 5:30 am, and my child is pulling away from our usual routine - what is going on? He rolled over and snuggled in next to me - almost like spooning - then he reached over and grabbed my arm and laid it over him - to "hold him". Now I get it! He patted my hand and rubbed my arm to let me know it was going to be all right. Then he drifted off to sleep. Now I get it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...