Saturday, January 3, 2009

EXCITING NEWS!!

OK, are you ready?? I am finally making the plunge...ready to call it quits...and leave my full time job to be a stay at home MOMMY!!!! My dear hubby has finally agreed to all of my pleading and begging and said I can quit and stay home with my honey!! WOOHOO!! Life couldn't be better! So many things are changing. First - only one income. This will be the biggest change and the biggest obstacle. Thank the Lord we went thru Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University last year and have been steadily paying off debt, and re figuring our budget to do the things that matter most. I have really trimmed almost everything to put the most money towards our debt. All that is left are two credit cards to pay off (this was the worst thing we ever did - being silly and charging things on credit because we thought we had to have them!), my car, and the house! Dear hubby just sold a motorcycle this weekend, so now we only have 4. I know - they are just "toys" and added expenses that I don't think are worth it - but hey it is not my hobby. So on that note hubby is planning on selling my motorcycle. Didn't you know I rode my own bike? I will have to hunt down a picture of this biker momma to show you. Any way, I am going to focus my time on my honey and how fast he is growing! I can't wait to do projects with him and start preschool activities! My close friend Dawn will start to be a stay at home mommy in April and we are planning on play dates and doing preschool activities together so our kids will get some other interaction besides Church. I am so excited! Today I went to the educational store and scooped out some books for 2 - 4 year olds and can't wait to start!! I love work books and crafts, and projects. Oh my!! I guess this will be my new theme song - workbooks, crafts and projects Oh My! (if you didn't already know I am a huge Wizards of Oz fan!) And hoping to have more free time to sew! Which leads to my next big news...hoping to make enough stuff and it be cute enough to open an etsy shop! if you haven't ever looked before check it out here - Etsy Anything you want that is home made or vintage can be found there. It is great and I think I might do pretty good! So those are my plans. What do you think? Please leave a comment and let me know! I would love to hear others thought on Etsy good or bad, what you think of my projects that you have seen me make - are they worth selling? and just what you are thinking about!!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Congrats on becoming a stay at home mommy!! I'm a SAHM of 3! My oldest just turned 3, my son will be 2 in June, and the baby will be 1 in Sept. Not at all what WE planned, I guess God had something else in mind for us! I will say it is NOT easy on 1 income, but we make it work somehow!

I also sell on etsy....for me it's tough because I have very little free time to actually craft things to sell. I haven't seen any of your creations yet, but I'll try to look at your other blog posts since you were kind enough to look and comment on mine! =~)

Good Luck! and your son is BEAUTIFUL!

Desiree said...

Good luck at your first day of your new "job" today. Try not to miss us too much ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and thrilled for you but I miss you so much at the same time! I cant wait to see all of your crafts and to hear all about the fun things that you get to do....while I am at work :(

-Rebecca

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...