Thursday, March 5, 2009

The dreaded diaper bag dilemma...

Well since little honey is finally potty trained (WOO HOO!!) He insists we carry the portable potty seat with us when we are out. Hey if it gives him comfort and easier to go potty when we are out - then I will carry it. Funny - most moms start to carry a smaller "diaper bag" or nothing at all. Not me! I had to find something that would hold said potty seat. This is what I found lurking in our hall closet - A Lands' End tote like this one. Not too fond of the bright color, the ex-company insignia (I don't want to give them free advertisement! or any advertisement at all!!), the size...I could go on and on but bottom line - it's just not my fave at all. But I refuse to spend $$ on a new diaper bag or another huge bag that will just collect dust in the closet until we go to the beach someday. The beach - does it still exist?? I have forgotten about it. Maybe one day I will find it again... I wanted to change the bag. So I had a few minutes while little honey was doing this - Artwork for Rebecca - Per your request so don't look so close at what he is making!! We will bring it to you soon!!! Well this is what I came up with - a pretty crushed velvet heart. Cuz my little honey holds my heart!! Cute isn't it? a little cheesy, too!! But hey - I only had a few minutes before little honey went crazy wondering what momma was doing to his new "no more diapers - diaper bag" as he calls it! So what do you think?? I am really liking the applique idea and have a great idea for some baby gifts that I can put in my new etsy shop that I am starting. More pics of those items later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your so funny! Tell AJ thanks for my picture and I will hang it up in my office!

The bag is cute too! Nice touch!

-Rebecca

Just Jenny said...

Glad you like the pic! He had a blast making it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...