Wednesday, March 25, 2009

family

Last week we went to the lake. This wasn't one of our usual happy weekend trips, no unfortunately is was during the middle of the week and we went to a funeral. Dear hubby's grandma went to be with the Lord and we rushed to get to the funeral on Wednesday. One blessing we noticed about my being a stay at home mommy is that I can leave at the drop of the hat and have the family packed and out the door with out any problems. I never realized how hard working full time and trying to get my family together was until this week. Thank you Lord for letting me be at home to be the wife and mother you created me to be. Well Wednesday turned out to be a lovely day. The sun was shining and just a soft breeze blowing. I know it was hard for my hubby as he is not very close to this side of his family. He only has a few memories with this grandmother and this is something he is trying to deal with. I understand a little of what he is going thru as there are some family members on my side of the family that we are not as close to any more. WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??? We can't go back in time and we can't judge others for their decisions and actions, but we can be aware of our own decisions and actions. We can forgive those who have hurt us in the past so we can move on. And we can change the future for our son. We are trying to make an effort to reach out to both sides of our families so that our son will know his grandparents, his aunts, his uncles and cousins and be able to be close to them. I wish some of our families lived closer - but thru the world of technology we should be able to know everything that is going on at any time of day. Our elders should be reaching out to this new generation, they should be recording their childhoods - what happened when they were little, what is important to them, what legacy do they want to pass on to the next generation, family recipes, traditions, photos and letters. All that have been lost since we are all "so busy now".

photo by carameldemon

Things that I can't get from my grandparents anymore as they have all passed on. We should cherish our families and share with one another no matter how busy we are. What do you think? Am I being a little over-dramatic?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

My kids are grown and I'm still enjoying being a stay at home wife. My daughter and her family dropped in yesterday from out of town and I was available to spend the day with them. So, I know what you're talking about. And yes, family is very important. We need to make it a point to spend time together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...