Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kites!!!

Well we got the kite out the other day while it was nice weather. Little honey is in love with his kite! This was the best gift he has ever received! And a decent price - which I will explain later... He is intently trying to hold on to the string. Momma was not allowed to hold on!!
It danced and swayed and then it would plunge down to the ground - but very easy to get it up again. Not like when I was a kid and you had to run for ever to try and get the wind to pick up your kite. My dad used to take us to the park and have Kite days with our church. I don't remember making the kites, but I do remember helping tie on the "bows" to the tail of the kite. I think my brother or sister would help him make the kite. Too bad we don't have any pictures of those days!
Well this is the last shot of the day as the kite swayed closer and closer to the house. I'm sure you can imagine where this is going... Well it got stuck on the gutter, I was able to pull it free. Then it got stuck on a shingle on the edge of the roof. When I tugged it lose the tail fell off and stuck to my roof!! I should have gotten a shot of that! The kite worked for a few minutes longer - just not as pretty without tail strings. Again little honey insisted he hold onto the string. I tried to get him to walk to the end of the street where there is an open field - but no he is very persistent in how he wants things!! The kite got attached to our little tree in the side yard. It is small, only about 10 feet high, but enough to get a kite stuck in!! Needless to say the kite was a gone. I rescued it with the ladder, but the string broke. So off to Wal-Mart we went to get another kite! Wal-Mart had them on sale for a dollar!! I could not believe it! At Target they were $3.99! So bargain we got!! And he was able to pick out what kite he wanted - he picked Cars! I was not surprised. (by the way, the kite strings finally blew off my roof the next day!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...