Tuesday, August 11, 2009

getting baptised

I finally got the pictures I ordered from the day we got baptised last month. July 5th to be exact. It was a last minute decision. We didn't plan on getting baptised that day. We knew it was going to happen that day but Keith had kept saying lets wait. So we didn't have extra clothes to change into! I was baptised when I was younger, I think I was about 11 years old. But being baptised with my husband - it was his first time - meant SO MUCH! To be able to share that experience with him is Amazing!! The Pastor had a wonderful sermon about getting baptised and how we should all do this to show our salvation to the world, not be afraid or embarrassed about it. It was a powerful message. Once everyone who had planned on getting baptised was completed Pastor looked out to the audience and asked if there was anyone else who wanted to jump right in. I immediately looked at hubby and said "What do you think?" He smiled and said "OK". Now if you know my hubby, this is a VERY BIG STEP for him. He is very shy and hates to be the center of attention. So for him to stand up and walk to the front of the church is a MAJOR accomplishment!! I am so glad he did! As soon as we stood up the Pastor yelled "K. come on down!!" I think the Pastor was even surprised that he stood up, too!

We stood in the pool and gave a small testimony. Hubby said he was glad I was his wife and helped him be a better person and move closer to God. I was so proud of him!! We held hands when we went under and hugged when we were done.

I love this picture! Being wet on the way home was SO worth it!!!

I wish everyone we knew could have been there to enjoy this unforgettable day with us!! I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

2 comments:

kathy said...

How beautiful and blessed are these pictures. Your father and I are very proud of you and K. Cherish each other and what you have in your life.

Anonymous said...

How precious! This touched my heart and I cried. What a beautiful moment! aunt trudy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...