Sunday, August 16, 2009

saturday auctions

So we took little honey to his first auction on Saturday. I think he was a little bored. I was a little bored - until they got started that is!!! We went because daddy wanted some tools and bike stuff and they just happened to have some home stuff that mommy was interested in!! I bid on a few quilts - they were pink and white!!! Who could resist?? But alas they went higher than I was willing to pay. I did snag this ~ A cute little cake holder/carrier. I just love the little glass knob at the top! I have never seen one like this before. It has an extra container at the bottom. It's pretty deep - three inches. Wondering what it is for?? To me it would be a perfect place to hold your plates, napkins and utensil for the cake, but I guess it is big enough to even hold a pie, or cookies! OK mom, aunties - whoever is reading - please fill me in!! I am dying to know!! The last real auction I went to was when I was in the 4th grade! My brother was the auctioneer!! He had taken auctioneer school as it was my grandpa's dream and my bro turned out doing it pretty good! I remember being bored then, too. I think that is just a little kid thing!! He was a redneck from head to toe during those days!! Oh my cute big bro! I was so proud of him! Then he went off to college and grew up. But, he made his little sister so happy in the 6th grade. We were having some silly auction at school, I don't even remember what is was for, but being so proud of him I volunteered his actioneer services for him!! It would be perfect. Right over his break from school and he would be back in town! Nothing could go wrong. Wrong. Right before he came home he broke his leg. I was so worried that he wouldn't be able to make the 10+ hour drive back for my school thing. Was I worried about his leg? No, only about him coming and making my day. Boy have I learned a lot since then!!! Well, big bro came. I was the happiest girl in the world! I don't think he knows how proud I was of him that day. Leaning up against a counter with his leg all wrapped up and crutches nearby. I was just happy he was there! That day was the best day for this little girl. My hottie brother showing off his skills. I think every female teacher in the school was in the room that day checking him out and they were all amazed at his auctioneer skills! He was so good, you almost couldn't understand him!! Knowing that he was my brother made this little gawky, 4-eyed, buck teeth girl popular for the day. Maybe even the week. No, it definately made my year!! Thanks big bro for the memories!! I will never forget them!! I only wish I had some pictures to share...they are vivid in my mind! Hope you enjoyed your Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the auction was interesting. I think the deep pan on the bottom of the cake carrier would let you use it for deep-dish pies or tall cakes.

Aunt T.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...