Wednesday, September 9, 2009

updated garage

I was busy last week updating our garage door trim. I had seen this idea on a few houses in another neighborhood and thought it looked pretty good and boy did I want to try it! Here is the before ~
Just plain white trim like the windows and front door.
I used the third color (which is black and also my front door color) to add another punch by the garage. My thinking was "Hey the windows have shutters that are black, so why not outline the garage, too?"
Here is the After ~
What do you think?? Please leave a comment and let me know!!!

7 comments:

Sara said...

I like it - great idea!!

Just Jenny said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I like the trim around your garage doors; it does seem to balance the design and really makes each architectural point show up.
Aunt T.

rlvd said...

nice! did you paint the garage door, too?

Just Jenny said...

We already had the garage door painted to match - I am trying so hard to NOT match my neighbors!! Seems like we are one out of three houses in neighborhood of 100+ that have painted our garage door.
I gotta SHiNE and StandOut somehow!!!

rlvd said...

what kind of paint did you use?? it's so interesting to know you painted yours b/c when we bought our house (coming from an apartment), I noticed quite quickly that there are only a few different garage doors in this world...and they're all white!! BORING!

Just Jenny said...

I know!!! I hate boring!! It is just the regular house paint. I think an extra coat was used. They warned us that we might have to scrape and repaint again later - but this is the second color we have had on our house in 6 years and nothing falling off yet!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...