Thursday, November 19, 2009

Special Thanksgiving Dessert

My Life as JulieMom is having a Holiday Recipe Party this week. As most of you know I am not much of a cook. I get by with the basics. I am a meat and potatoe girl, no frills, just food to fill my tummy. So I didn't plan on joining - except she made me  but I thought I would be nice and share. Go over and check out the recipes!

So here is my special secret dessert for an easy, semi-homemade dessert using one of my favorite treats.

No I don't just plan on opening the box and sharing. I am gonna share a recipe that uses Twinkies in it! Surprised you with that one, huh? I know, I know. You are scratching your head wondering how is she going to make twinkies into something else? They are already perfect as is! Well not so fast...

Here is a recipe for Twinkie Tiramisu or Layered Pumpkin Dessert (I think the Tiramisu sounds more exotic!)


1 package of Hostess Twinkies ( 10 Twinkies)
1 package ( 8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 oz) Whip topping, thawed, divided (like cool whip)
2 packages (3.4 oz each) instant vanilla pudding
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice  (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
1 cup milk

Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream side up, in single layer in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Using Mixer, blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of whipped topping until smooth.
Spread evenly over Twinkies.

Combine pudding mixes, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture.
Carefully soread reamining whipped topping over pumpkin.
Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
Refrigerate several hours and then ENJOY!!!


There. This is probably the only recipe I will have on my blog. Take it. Cherish it. Enjoy it!

4 comments:

JulieMom said...

That sounds yummy! And looks like something my kids can make themselves. Wow!! I'm glad you shared! Even if I did *make* you, lol.

Just Jenny said...

LOL!!

YEs it would be kid friendly to make!! I never thought of that - I guess I should start looking at those recipes for things I can make!!! LOL

JulieMom said...

Ha! I made it last night with 'Tinkies', the SA version of Twinkies. And I only had caramel pudding, but it turned out nice! Thanks for the new recipe!! :0)

Just Jenny said...

I'm glad you liked it! Did the girls help you mkae it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...