Saturday, November 28, 2009

That time of year again...


So this is the card I got today from...my hubby. Yes he makes me cards that are - what is the word - "special"! I have nothing else to say about it.

Except at least he did remember the day. For the first 8 years of our marriage he could not remember what day my birthday was on. I would drill him all the time at random times of the year. Some Tuesday in July I would look at him and say - hey when is my birthday? He would mumble "November twenty...first." NOPE. "November twenty...ninth?" Nope.  "I dunno - I just know it is around Thanksgiving" Great - my hubby only knows my birthday is around Thanksgiving!

So finally he memorized it or looked at my license? That is why the date is written on my card - to proove to me he remembered! Finally! It took over nine years!

And he is not teaching my son very well either. No card from my son. No present from him. Aren't dad's supposed to get on the ball at some time and do something for the mommy on her special days like her birthday and mother's day? Don't even get me started on Mother's day this year. Big FLOP! My poor son. I am just trying to make a good impression on him for his daddy's birthday and Father's day in hopes he will learn something and want to do it for my day. One can only HOPE.

So it doesn't seem like my birthday. This has been a weird year. Usually Thanksgiving ushers my day in, but this year I haven't seen my parents all week. They went to celebrate Thanksgiving with my sis in GA.
Nothing special is going on today. Since we are trying to pay off bills, no special celebrations will be happening. I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it is becuase I am getting older? EEEK! Don't say that!

Well hope you had a great Thanksgiving and nothing happened to you that happened to me last year. I still have a small scar to remember the day. Read about  Last year's Thanksgiving Accident Here. So I guess I should be thankful!! I still have all of my fingers!!

Hope you have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, to my daughter. I'm sorry you feel you are not having a nice day. I do love you and hope you got my phone call.

Mom

Ruth said...

I know what you mean! My birthday is the week after Mother's Day, the father of my kids used to get me one present for both (usually just flowers) if anything! UUGGHH!!!!!

I heard of a guy once whose birthday is right before Christmas. He started celebrating it in June so that his special day wouldn't get mixed up with all the other holiday celebrations.

rlvd said...

ok, me and you are peas in a pod...my bday is really close to yours (dec 2) and i've nearly cut off the tip of my left index finger while cutting up cilantro with kitchen shears in a rush to visit my newborn nephew!

That accident wasn't near my bday, but having my appendix out was!!! 2007, on my birthday, I got appendicitis and early the next morn went to the ER to later that day have an appendectomy.

We sure know how to celebrate, Jenny!!!! ;P

I must say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I'm really sorry that you have to work to be remembered on your bday- that'd get me down in the dumps...I love people remembering my birthday, and I've had many a pout over a friend or fam not saying those greetings on my special day, but I'm thankful that my hubs does know. And I do agree with ya- dads gotta be on top of getting you the gifts from the kids or encouraging them in a project... :-)

So, I'm celebrating you today, a day late! You are special! I'm glad we "met" :)

Just Jenny said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!
Thanks mom!! Yes I got the message, you must have called when the inlaws took me to breakfast.

Wow Rachel - I didn't realize we had sooo much in common!! What a hoot!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...