Friday, May 28, 2010

Day Seven - 30-Day Husband Challenge



Day Seven: "Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease!...for riches certainly make themselves wings..." Prov. 23:4-5
"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries." Proverbs 8:21

Money is the root of much marital discord. Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my husband in the area of finances?" Determine not to speak evil of your husband in this area. Discover ways to encourage and help him instead.
Does your husband handle finances wisely? Does he make good financial investments, based on biblical principles? Does he have a budget? Does he make wise decisions about purchases - checking many sources before he buys? Is he a good steward of his money before the Lord? Let him know how much you appreciate his strengths in financial matters. If he is weak in this area, encourage any good decisions that he does make. Perhaps you can help him, if he's open to the idea, by organizing financial files or providing other practical assistance. Or, if he wants you to handle the finances, ask for his input before you make decisions that will affect him.   By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

This is one area my hubby and I have little disagreement on. For the most part I am the one that deals with the finances. Luckily hubby and I were able to go thru Dave Ramsey's financial peace university a few years ago. That was the best thing we EVER did for our financial future. If you haven't gone thru his program I highly recommend it! Not only is it an informational program about your finances but it is biblical based and helps bring you and your hubby closer together and actually talking about money - in a good way! The first year, hubby and I were able to pay off over $20,000 in debt. The second year hubby was out of work for almost 6 months and we were more than able to handle the bills that came up. Now in the third year - I was able to stay at home with little honey! And if I want to work at the adoption agency to get some extra cash I can! God is awesome if we just rely on him!

Whatever your financial situation is just remember to trust in God

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...