Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day Eleven - 30-Day Husband Challenge


Day Eleven -  "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." Eph. 5:22

Women who are constantly negative toward their husbands - especially by speaking evil of them to others - show great disrespect. Determine not to do that today (or ever!).

This challenge to encourage is closely connected to submission.Men respond to women who respect them. What do you respect about your husband? Part of that respect includes submission to his authority. Let your husband know how respecting him makes it easier to submit to his leadership. Show your respect in public by listening to him and smiling at him when he speaks. Place your hand in his as you walk together.

If you feel there is nothing to respect, search harder ...nearly every man has some core characteristic that can be nurtured and respected. In any case, you must still cultivate a submissive spirit to his position of leadership..."as to the Lord." By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I am slowly learning this concept. If you know me very well you know I don't put up with anything and I usually tell it to you what I think - no holding back. This sometimes gets me in trouble with others - especially my hubby ♥  Thru the wonder women bible study I learned that God likes you to hold your tongue and respect your spouse. It pleases HIM. so if nothing else do it to please God and you will be blessed. It may be hard at first, but trust me it gets easier

2 comments:

Erin Hernandez- said...

Hi Jenny,
It is really cool to see you doing the 30-day husband Challenge. If I had known that you were doing it on-line I would have just fallowed you and done it to...I so need to be held accountable to things like this. So, I am going to join you. I will do a 19 day…Or something like that. A little is better than none. I hope that others do the same. Thank you for blessing us.

Just Jenny said...

Thanks for joining me! I too am glad you are joining me - it will be a blessing ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...