Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Krispy Kreme Donut Cake for Little Honey's Birthday Party

So we were finally able to have Little Honey's Birthday party this weekend. Since he had been sick the day of the scheduled party. At the time I was going to make cupcakes - the usual - but had an idea from our last visit to Krispy Kreme. (Yes we frequent there quite often for treats! And he had an exceptional day at the eye doctor - which is another post - and deserved a treat!)

After searching online for ideas I finally came up with this ~
What do you think? I used regular size glazed for the bottom two layers, and mini glazed and sprinkled for the other layers. Did I mention that sprinkled is my FAVORITE!!! Oh and little honey likes them too! HeeHee! Icing from a can is what is at the top middle to hold up his candle.
Aww, Mom, don't take my picture!! Trying to be shy...of course this stopped as soon as he got his presents!!
We had his party at the local movie theater and watched Yogi Bear. I was a little worried about 8 kids in a movie theater - but the kids were actually better than some adults in the theater - go figure!
Cute Preschool mates sharing in the fun!


Hope you enjoy the pics

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cute cake idea! Believ it or not I have NEVER eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut. I don't have a sweet tooth at all. Looks liek he had a great party! : )

Just Jenny said...

I can't believe you have never ate there! I lived in Georgia for a year and didn't try them until right before I left - then moved back to KAnsas and had to wait almost 2 years to taste them again when it finally moved here! YOu are Missing out!! of course I do have a sweet tooth - infact all of them are sweet ♥

TiLT said...

That is great! I'll have to remember this for kiddo's 6th...he is not a fan of cake but LOVES donuts :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...