Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little Honey got glasses!

**Warning** I am opening up and telling you about my feelings - so be nice!!

Well about 2 months ago I found out from our birth mom that her daughter got glasses. I figured it was time to go get little honey checked out. Sure enough he needed them! I had a feeling that he would - but still hoped that he wouldn't need them! I cried when I found out. I know, I know it sounds so selfish and silly - but as someone who has worn glasses since they were 10 years old - I know how hard it is! I was picked on at school, made fun of so bad. The glasses would fog up when I got hot, they would get dirty and hurt my nose and ears. I hated them!!!

I did not want that for my little honey. He is perfect. So I cried.

I know it was selfish. Why should my perfect son have to wear them? I made sure he didn't see me cry and I really pumped them up. Telling him how cute he would be and listing off all the people we knew who wear glasses. So he was excited. Hubby didn't care either way - he has perfect eyesight and didn't understand, but he was nice about it ♥

Well that night I prayed. "God, please forgive me for these selfish thoughts. I should be thankful that my son has eyesight. He CAN see and nothing else is wrong with him! Thank you Lord for my beautiful son and thank you that we can afford to go to the eye doctor and afford glasses. Please change my heart and forgive me."

I am thankful that glasses are all we have to worry about. There are many parents out there who have to worry about Cancer, blindness, hearing loss, asthma, etc, etc, the list could go on and on. I am thankful that I HAVE A SON to worry about!! Thank you JESUS!

So without further ado - here are his new glasses ~
He just got them and we went to the playground at the mall. This is his funny face!
He told everyone there kids and adults "These are my new glasses!" I was so proud of him!!

Pretty cute, huh!

Well I just wanted to share...thanks for listening.

1 comment:

FishHawk said...

"Just Jenny" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-drive.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...