Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A new experience in K.C.

So Friday night hubby and I got the chance to try something new! Rock Wall Climbing!

We just became part of a new group from our church with young marrieds where we have a date night once a month - but we don't know what we are doing until we arrive!

Sound interesting? We call it Mystery Society - and we have mystery dates. We know every month it will be on the first Friday night. We are told what we should wear - casual, athletic wear, etc. We usually meet at 6:45 and no kids! That is it! Such a mystery!

I signed up right away! I need a date night guaranteed every month! Hubby was a little worried. He doesn't like to be surprised and wants to plan things. But he is slowly warming up to the idea.

Last week was our first official mystery date. Last month was just a get together at a restaurant to meet and pick what couple will plan the coming months dates. My friend R. had November. It was so hard not to bug her every time I saw her to get some clues or hints as to what we might be doing. Nothing.

As hubby ans I were planning our outfits he was very frustrating at not knowing how to dress for what we are doing. Was it inside, outside? Was it going to be very active that we will be hot and sweaty or just casual activity? I dressed in layers just in case!

Friday morning arrived and our host R.  sent a message with the address we would be meeting. Of course she said don't google it - but we ALL did! It showed up as a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. I knew this was just the meeting point but it was something nearby...

The only thing close was her place and the local gym/sportsclub. It had to be the gym but what would we be doing?

It is hard for me to be calm all day when I know something fun will be happening that night! I made it and off we went.

Little honey had a new experience too! We couldn't find a sitter and my parents were busy so we found a local drop off child care that is open til Midnight. He was so excited all week to be going somewhere to play with new kids. I love that he is not afraid to try new things and go to new places where he knows no one. Such a sport!

When we got to the gym the front desk asked if we were there for the rock wall. Yippie!! I had no idea what we were going to do at the gym. Such a surprise!


It was so fun! I can't express it in words! There were about 12 couples and some enjoyed and some didn't. But we all had a great time nun the less. One wall was super hard to get to the top. Hubby was entranced by it and so surprised that no one had conquered it. So he had to try.

Of course he made it! And he was the only person out of 24 adults that made it! And did I mention that he was also the second oldest in our group. So proud of my man!!!


I can't wait til December to find out what we are doing next...

What have you tried lately? Would you be comfortable with a mystery date?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...